Women With Suitcases Travel Policies
WWS is a Cruise Planners travel agency specializing in leisure tours for solo women travelers. Please read the following terms and conditions carefully before signing up for any trip or remitting any payments. These terms and conditions, constitute the entire agreement between the parties and the parties agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement. All monies are in US dollars. Women with Suitcases reserves the right to change their travel policies without notice.
Activity Level & Personal Responsibility
All WWS tours require walking, sometimes extensive, and other physical exertion. As a solo traveler you are responsible for yourself, your possessions, your physical fitness, and all other aspects related to participation in the WWS tour you have chosen. Because of this requirement, WWS tours are not suitable for anyone who is physically challenged, walking impaired, or is a slow walker that cannot keep up with the pace of the group.
We feel it would be inappropriate to ask assistance from the other travelers, who have their own self to look after. This includes the WWS Tour Leader. The Tour Leader’s own personal responsibilities and her duties to the group preclude her from assisting individual travelers with their luggage, or any other needs that may arise as a result of mobility issues, whether those mobility issues existed prior to the tour or occur during the tour. If a condition should arise during a tour, any additional transportation expenses, hired services, missed activities, etc. will not be reimbursed by WWS. If you have questions about activity levels or your personal responsibilities, contact the WWS office at 941-840-0133 BEFORE you sign up for a tour. WWS reserves the right to refuse any participant or potential participant at its sole discretion.
Travel and Medical Insurance
Cancellation and Travel Medical Insurance: Due to unforeseen events, you may need to cancel (see Cancellation by the Traveler below) or your trip may be partially or totally interrupted (see Force Majeure below). These scenarios, and others, could have a significant financial impact if you decide to forgo insurance. Allianz Travel Insurance brochures are mailed with the Welcome package as a convenience to our travelers. Any questions about what the insurance does or does not cover should be addressed directly to Allianz Insurance Company. If you choose to travel without adequate insurance coverage, you will have to sign a waiver and we will not be liable for any of your losses.
Also, your personal health insurance generally does not cover you when traveling out of the country. To cover the risk of a medical emergency or accident while traveling, you should consider purchasing Travel Medical Insurance. Some WWS tours require Travel Medical Insurance in order to participate. Additionally, some countries are considering requiring proof of Travel Insurance to enter. Travel Insurance is relatively inexpensive and can often be purchased up to the day before travel. Contact the Allianz Insurance Company for policy cost and date coverage must be purchased. WWS cannot be held responsible for denied entry if a guest is unable to provide details to authorities of insurance or denial of entry for any reason.
Documents Required to Travel
- It is the traveler’s responsibility to obtain and present the required documents necessary for travel. This includes, but is not limited to, a valid government issued photo ID, passport, visa, Letter of Invitation, shot record, proof of medical evacuation insurance, etc. Travelers who have any question as to their ability to obtain and present the required documents necessary to travel to a country should address their questions to the embassy or consulate of the country to which they will be traveling BEFORE signing up for a WWS tour.
- For tours requiring a passport, all travelers must be in possession of a machine-readable passport valid for 6 months after their trip return date along with applicable visas.
- It is the guest’s sole responsibility to secure and/or pay for any and all visas, reciprocity fees, affidavits, immunizations, etc. that are required to be permitted entry into each destination. In some countries you may be subject to entry (reciprocity) fees and/or departure taxes/ exit fees which will be collected at the airports upon entry/departure by local government authorities. Please note that entry to any country may be refused even if the required information and travel documents are complete. For up-to-date detailed information on travel documents and visas, entry/exit taxes and further information on entry and exit requirements please check with your local consular services. Obtaining and carrying these documents is your sole responsibility. WWS bears no responsibility for such information and will not be responsible for advising and/or obtaining required travel documentation for any guest, or for any delays, damages, and/or losses including missed portions of your vacation/holiday related to improper documentation or government decisions about entry.
- On certain tours WWS will offer to obtain a visa for travelers that meet the following criteria: 1) The traveler must be a passport holder from the United States or Canada 2) Cannot have a criminal conviction or any other exception that would prohibit the routine issuance of a visa. Travelers who do not meet these two criteria will be responsible for obtaining their own visa.
- Any traveler who cannot obtain proper documentation to travel, no matter when or how that discovery is made, will be responsible for whatever cancellation penalties are in force at the time of cancellation from the WWS tour or denial of travel.
- Health:Recommended inoculations for travel may change and you should consult your doctor for current recommendations before you depart. It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet all health entry requirements, obtain the recommended inoculations, take all recommended medication, and follow all medical advice in relation to your trip.
- By offering reservations for travel in particular international destinations, WWS does not represent or warrant that travel to such areas is advisable or without risk. WWS will not be liable for damages or losses that result from travel to such destinations.
Required Traveler Information – by Final Payment
Emergency contact and the other information WWS collects on the Confidential Form is essential for solo traveler safety should an incident occur. This information must be submitted to Women With Suitcases no later than the Final Payment due date. Information is held in confidence and is only used in case of an emergency.
Past Due: After the final payment due date, if the confidential data is partially or completely missing, Final Travel Instructions (i.e. Travel Documents) will be withheld until such time as this information is provided.
Arrival and departure flight details must be submitted to Women With Suitcases no later than the Final Payment due date. This information is required to know when travelers are expected, and when applicable, to arrange transfers.
Past Due: After the final payment due date, if travel arrangements are not received, the traveler will be placed in the final arrival transfer group on the arrival day and the first departure transfer group of the departure day, when transfers are provided as part of the itinerary.
A copy of your passport is required for all international trips and must be submitted to Women With Suitcases no later than the Final Payment due date. Passport information is only shared when required by local authorities and to assist in replacing a lost or stolen passport.
Past Due: After the final payment due date, if the lack of passport information interferes with arrangements that require all passport information to be submitted as a group, a “final request” e-mail will be sent to the traveler notifying her removal from the tour if passport information is not provided within 48 hours (2 days) of final request. If the traveler is removed from the trip, any refund of monies will be based on WWS cancellation policies as of the date of removal. Otherwise, Final Travel Instructions (i.e. Travel Documents) will be withheld until such time as this information is provided.
Itinerary Changes & Number of Travelers
Women With Suitcases may modify your tour itinerary where reasonably required at its sole discretion and may increase the stated maximum number of travelers when necessary to facilitate room sharing arrangements.
If WWS makes an itinerary change that materially affects the character of the tour in its entirety (a “Material Change”), WWS will provide notice to all travelers via email as soon as reasonably possible, provided there is sufficient time to do so before departure.
Once a tour has departed, itinerary changes may be necessary as a result of unforeseen circumstances, operational concerns, or concerns for traveler health, safety, enjoyment or comfort. Any itinerary changes are at the discretion of the WWS Tour Leader and Women With Suitcases.
Non-Private Tours or Activities
Some WWS trips, as noted in the itinerary, are scheduled with 3nd party tour suppliers who sell their tours to the general public (example: a cruise ship). The traveler acknowledges that other groups and/or individuals may be a part of the same tour or activity.
Use of 3rd Party Suppliers
WWS, and its employees, shareholders, agents, and representatives use third party suppliers to arrange tours, transportation, sightseeing, lodging, and all other services related to this tour. WWS is an independent contractor and is not an employee, agent, or representative of any of these suppliers. WWS does not own, manage, operate, supervise, or control any transportation, vehicle, airplane, hotel or restaurant, or any other entity that supplies services related to your tour. WWS is not affiliated with any other tour operator. All suppliers are independent contractors, and are not agents or employees or representatives of WWS.
All tickets, receipts, coupons, and vouchers are issued subject to the terms and conditions specified by each supplier, and by accepting the coupons, vouchers, and tickets, or utilizing the services, all customers agree that neither WWS, nor its employees, agents, or representatives are or may be liable for any loss, injury, or damage to any tour participant or their belongings, or otherwise, in connection with any service supplied or not supplied resulting directly or indirectly from any occurrence beyond the control of WWS.
WWS assumes no responsibility or liability for any delay, change in schedule, loss, injury or damage or loss of any participant that may result from any act or omission on the part of others; and WWS shall be relieved of any obligations under these terms and conditions in the event of any strike, labor dispute, act of God, or of government, fire, war, whether declared or not, terrorism, insurrection, riot, theft, pilferage, epidemic, illness, physical injury, quarantine, medical or customs or immigration regulation, delay, or cancellation. WWS accepts no responsibility for lost or stolen items.
By offering reservations for travel in particular international destinations, WWS does not represent or warrant that travel to such areas is advisable or without risk. WWS will not be liable for damages or losses that result from travel to such destinations. It is the traveler’s responsibility to determine her level of risk tolerance, including the decision to participate in a tour to a country or continent where US State Department alerts and warnings have been issued. If the tour is scheduled to operate (i.e. not cancelled by WWS), standard cancellation policies apply if the traveler elects to cancel because her risk tolerance has been exceeded.
Additional risks and dangers may arise including, but not limited to, hazards of travel by train, automobile, motor coach, aircraft and other means of conveyance, animal interactions, forces of nature, political unrest, other unrest, risks associated with water, food, plants, insects and differing animal regulation, and acts of national and local governments and unrest and acts of others against governments. These risks are not an exhaustive list but are examples of many kinds of risks. You are voluntarily participating in these activities with the knowledge that there are significant dangers involved, and you hereby agree to accept any and all risks.
As lawful consideration for the agreement with WWS to participate in such trips and activities you agree you will not make a claim against WWS, its related companies or its personnel or sue for bodily injury, emotional trauma, death, property loss or damage or other loss, cost or expense, however caused, as a result of or related to your contracting for, traveling to or from, or in any and every other way participating in the trip. You release WWS, its related companies and its personnel from any and all claims, known or unknown, arising from contracting for, traveling to or from, and in any and every way participating in a trip. This release of liability and assumption of risk agreement is entered into on behalf of you and all members of your family and party, also including minors. This agreement also binds your heirs, legal representatives and assigns.
Where the guest occupies a motor coach seat fitted with a safety belt, neither WWS nor the Operator nor its agents or co-operating organizations or service providers will be liable for any injury, illness or death or for any loss or damages or claims whatsoever arising from any accident or incident, if the safety belt is not being worn at the time of such an accident or incident. This exclusion and limitation of liability shall not be used to imply that the Operator or its agents or affiliated entities are liable in other circumstances.
Cancellation of Tours by WWS
On rare occasions, Women With Suitcases must cancel a tour, either because there are not enough travelers to operate the tour or for other events outside the control of WWS. Tours lacking enough travelers will be cancelled prior to final invoicing and all money paid to WWS will be promptly refunded. WWS reserves the right to cancel any tour at any time up to the day of departure, due to no fault of WWS. See Force Majeure below.
No damages shall be due to a traveler for failure by WWS to perform obligations related to delivery of tour services if such failure is a result of Acts of God (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane, volcano eruption, pandemic,or other natural disasters), war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, cyber-attacks, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalism, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labor dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of any mode of transportation, electricity, internet or telephone services, or illness, accident, or death of the WWS Representative, any one of which could make delivery of tour services impaired or impossible to perform. Cancellation and Trip Interruption Insurance is strongly recommended.
Cancellation by the Traveler
All cancellations MUST be in writing. e-mail email@example.com The effective date of the cancellation, and any cancellation penalties, will be based on the date of the written cancellation. Refunds for payments made directly to 3rd parties are subject to their refund policies, irrespective of the date of cancellation. Any penalty imposed by your airline(s) is the complete responsibility of the traveler.
Conditions Where Money will be Transferred to Rescheduled Tour Dates
If all payments have been collected from the traveler prior to email notification of inability to operate the tour on the originally scheduled dates due to not fault of WWS, the tour will be rescheduled. Collected payments to date, along with any credits, will be transferred to the rescheduled dates.
Women With Suitcases will communicate the rescheduled dates, once known, in writing to all travelers. Client acknowledges that rescheduling takes time. It will take an unspecified amount of time before rescheduled dates are known.
– Client acknowledges and agrees the cancellation penalties for the original tour dates remain in effect should client cancel in writing between email notification of tour rescheduling and receipt of written notification of the new travel dates.
Arrivals, Transfers and Delays
- Arrival and departure transfers, when included, are from/to the airport(s) stated in the itinerary. Transfers from other airports, train stations, or any other pick-up point, are not included unless specifically noted in the itinerary arrival and departure notes.
- Travelers arriving by air are responsible for allowing enough time to deplane, gather luggage and travel to the designated meeting location to join the tour. WWS will not delay the departure of the group for travelers arriving after the designated tour start time as listed in the individual itineraries.
- Travelers are required to provide WWS with their flight arrangements no later than the final payment due date of the tour. Travelers are also required to notify WWS in the event the airline should change the arrival or departure time of a flight.
- On tours where scheduled transfers are provided, travelers who elect to take alternate transportation to the hotel, for any reason (including the inability to locate the local transfer provider), will not be reimbursed for the transfer expense incurred.
- Travelers who are delayed for whatever reason are responsible for notifying WWS of their situation and to communicate regularly with WWS as to their anticipated arrival time. Delayed travelers are responsible for joining the group as soon as possible and at their own expense if their arrival occurs after the last scheduled transfer.
Traveler Disruption of a Tour in Progress
- WWS reserves the right to remove any traveler from a tour should the WWS representative(s) determine that the traveler is adversely affecting the overall group dynamics, is a danger to herself or others, or is willfully ignoring the instructions of the WWS representative(s) to the detriment or safety of the group. In the event a traveler is removed from a tour, WWS will not refund any monies. Transportation costs to return home, airline penalties, and any other expenses will be the responsibility of the traveler.
- In the event a traveler chooses to leave a tour prior to its scheduled conclusion, WWS will not refund any monies for the unused portion of the tour arrangements. Transportation costs from tour departure point to the airport, airline penalties, and any other expenses will be the responsibility of the traveler.
Use of Travelers’ Images in Promotional Materials
Photographs and video taken by Women With Suitcases Tour Leaders and other WWS representatives while on tour are the property of WWS and may be used in promotional materials. Any traveler who does not wish to have their photograph or video footage used in promotional material MUST advise WWS in writing no later than the tour’s final payment due date.
If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be held unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remainder shall remain enforceable.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
These Terms and Conditions (also referred to as “travel policies”) and any agreement to which they apply are governed in all respects by the laws of the state of Florida without regard to conflicts of law principles. All guest claims must be submitted in writing and received by WWS no later than sixty (60) days after the completion of the WWS vacation. Guest claims not submitted and received within this time shall be deemed waived and barred.
Sign up for my emails!
One of the greatest joys of traveling is sharing adventures with friends. By subscribing here to join our email list and Suitcases community you will meet some new friends, learn a little more, and, maybe, travel with us someday.